I have always said that ice cream is the conduit for caramel for me. That was until I tried this ice cream. This one is so freakin creamy I was converted! Bye-bye pralines and cream as my fav!
If you have already tried making our Haskap Spread you know how yummy it is. Now you can take that yumminess and raise your game. Your people will think it’s gourmet!
Haskap Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups Haskap Spread
- In a large bowl stir milk, heavy cream, salt and sugar for approximately 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe baking dish and freeze for 45 minutes. We use our glass freezer-safe baking dishes for this recipe.
- Once the mixture begins to freeze along the edges remove it from the freezer, add the cup of Haskap Spread and mix with beaters on the low setting. If you do not have handheld beaters vigorously stir the mixture with a spatula or large spoon.
- Place the dish back in the freezer. Every 30 minutes remove the dish and beat on the low setting or stir vigorously. Continue for 2 ½ - 3 hours or until the mixture is frozen.
- The ice cream is ready once it is frozen and has a smooth and creamy texture. Either enjoy your delicious Haskap Ice Cream now or store it in a freezer-safe container.