An equally delicious alternative to our decadent haskap ice cream. This creamy delight is a fav in our household!
This is really good with pie. Really!
Haskap Ripple Ice Cream
This milder ice cream still packs a punch as each taste of swirl gives you a haskap zing!
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup haskap spread
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- In a large bowl stir milk, heavy cream, salt, vanilla and sugar for approximately 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe baking dish and freeze for 45 minutes. We use our glass freezer safe baking dishes for this recipe.
- Once the mixture begins to freeze along the edges remove from the freezer and mix with beaters on the low setting. If you do not have hand held beaters vigorously stir the mixture with a spatula or large spoon.
- Place the dish back in the freezer. Every 30 minutes remove the dish and beat on low setting or stir vigorously. Continue for 2 – 2 ½ hours or until the mixture is nearly frozen. Beating the mixture before it is frozen is what adds the creamy and smooth texture tothis recipe.
- Use a spoon to swirl in the 1/3 cup of haskap spread. For this step, you want the ice cream frozen enough that it has a creamy texture but soft enough to swirl in the spread. If the ice cream mixture is too hard set in the fridge until it is soft enough to swirl in the haskap spread.
- Place the mixture back in the freezer until completely frozen. Either enjoy your delicious ice cream now or place in a freezer safe container to enjoy later!